Join the American Pointer Club (APC) and enjoy all the benefits that membership brings.
You’ll join a community of dedicated people who focus on improvement of our Pointers – and involvement of our members. Put your voice and vote to work in a great club, with a great mission, that supports a breed we’re so proud of. In addition to a rewarding experience, here are some of the membership benefits you’ll receive
- Annual Awards & Trophies – MEMBERS’ top performing Pointers in Conformation, Performance, Companion venues are recognized each year; plus, plaques are awarded to MEMBERS’ top winners during National Specialty week.
- Health Testing & Rebates – health clinics are offered at most Nationals, and MEMBERS are offered deep discounts for testing on-site, plus testing rebates for an entire year leading up to the next National.
- Purina Parent Club Partnership – APC is a Purina Parent Club participant, so all Pointer owners who are feeding Purina brands, and meet the criteria, can join the Purina Pro Club, and earn rewards by redeeming points through purchases. MEMBERS can also reap the benefit of programs implemented with the funds contributed by Purina to our club programs in education, health & research. Learn more about this here at Purina Pro Club.
- Scholarships – an annual scholarship, in the amount of $1,000.00, is awarded to a Veterinary Student with an interest in purebred dogs.
- Futurity and Maturity Nominations – the Futurity and Maturity competitions recognize up and coming young Pointers at each year’s Nationals. Only litters that are bred or co-bred by someone who has been an APC member for at least 6 months is eligible to enter the program.
- Monthly E-Newsletter – “To The Point”, our electronic newsletter, is emailed monthly to MEMBERS. The latest news, upcoming events, deadline reminders, etc., are covered in a timely manner.
- Optional Listing on Website for Breeders – Breeder MEMBERS can take advantage of a listing in the APC Breeders Directory that helps people locate puppies and or an adult Pointer.